We are leaping into May with our Hill Project, which started recently.
At The Hill Community Centre, those between 15 and 21 years old can come to whatever session appeals! Learn new skills, get advice and support, and meet each other. So good after Lockdown!
From 10th to 23rd May,
Foster Care Fortnight is a time to thank our foster carers, service, fundraisers and campaigners. It's also a time to challenge stigma and encourage new support.
On 6th May, we also have Maternal Mental Health Day to remind us to especially help all those caring for babies and young children!
From 10th to 16th May,
BYHP will focus on Mental Health Awareness Care Week.
1. Connect - talking with family, old and new friends for everyone's benefit
2. Take notice - being mindful looks after yourself and all around you
3. Give - small gifts, volunteering, a smile - all show kindness
4. Be active - enjoying exercise makes you feel good
5. Keep learning - developing new skills boosts self-esteem
THIS MONTH'S THANK YOUs
GO TO ALL OUR VOLUNTEERS:
Here's a few!
Our blog is a great way to stay up to date with current events and projects, stories from our young people and the general goings on at BYHP.